At Pecan Valley Church of Christ, we are seeking to follow the activities and practices we read about in the New Testament. Our assemblies consist of the same things we can see the early church doing in the pages of scripture. In other words, how we worship God does matter. When you read the scriptures, you will find Christians participating in the following things:
- They read God's word (Colossians 4:16; 1Thess 5:27).
- They prayed (Colossians 4:2; 1Timothy 2:1).
- They remembered the Lord's death (1 Corintians 11:23–33).
- They sang (Ephesians 5:19).
- They gave on Sunday (1 Corinthians 16:1).
- They heard preaching (1 Corinthians 15:1–4).
- They glorified God (Phillipians 4:20).
- And edified (built up) each other (Romans 14:19; I Thessalonians 5:11).
We seek to do all things under Christ's authority therefore we must follow the simple, scriptural pattern above so that we worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:24). We realize that our assemblies are different than what you might find at other places so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. When you visit with us you will find a local body of Christ meeting together to worship God and enjoy the spiritual fellowship between brethren.